In this article, we are going to discuss some of the best margin trading crypto exchanges Australia that lets you earn huge profits. Margin trading is a form of trading where you trade with borrowed money.
When trading cryptocurrencies, margin trading allows you to buy and sell on the spot.
If you are aware of the potential risk, the volatility of cryptocurrencies can actually be used to a trader’s advantage, earning significantly higher profits in a much shorter period of time with only a small percentage of the initial funds invested.
Best Margin Trading Crypto Exchanges Australia – Compared 
Bitcoin has developed to become a widely utilized and generally recognized financial instrument in its own right.
Market participants have extended to include margin trading for bitcoin to take advantage of a highly volatile asset class
So without further ado, let’s get started with this best margin trading crypto exchanges Australia guide
|Kraken||USD, GBP & EUR||50+||0.26%|
|Etoro||EUR, GBP & USD||90+||Daily Fees|
What Is Margin Trading
Buying stock on margin, also known as margin trading, is a method of borrowing money from a broker to make a purchase.
Margin trading requires a “margin account,” The broker lends the trader money to buy assets, which the broker then uses as collateral for the loan.
The broker charges the investor interest. As interest charges accumulate over time, the total amount of debt grows over time. Short-term investments are the most common usage of margin trading.
Margin Trading Benefits
As we mentioned before margin trading lets you earn huge profits in a short period of time, some other benefits of margin trading are as follows
If your equity (assets-liabilities) goes below zero or if the assets pledged as security for currency borrowing orders become insolvent, your account is safeguarded by an insurance fund.
Users who participate in excessive trading will be stopped from doing so by the margin trading architecture, which includes a cooling-off time, which is designed to discourage such behavior.
The risk fund is in charge of safeguarding your digital assets against any hazards.
How Does Margin Trading Work?
Observing how margin trading might play out in the real world is the most effective method to learn about its nuances. Imagine Jerry has $5,000 in cash on hand, and he wants to purchase stock worth $100 per share.
He proceeds to purchase 50 shares of that stock, worth $100 per share. One year later, the stock price has increased to $120 a share, and Jerry chooses to sell all of his remaining shares for $6,000. Jerry created $1,000 by his first investment, resulting in a $1,000 profit in all.
Best Margin Trading Crypto Exchanges Australia Reviewed
High-risk investing techniques, like margin trading, are always encouraged in the crypto realm. It increases the likelihood that your trading technique and sharp price swings will lead to an increase in your profits.
These are the best crypto margin trading platforms Australia
Binance: Overall Best Margin Trading Platform
Binance tops the list of best margin trading crypto exchanges Australia list with huge coin support of over 600 cryptocurrencies to choose from, with minimal transaction fees.
Binance margin trading fee is only 0.1 percent for each transaction, and if you pay using their token, you can reduce this price by as much as 25 percent (BNB).
As a frequent trader, you will be eligible for even lower trading commissions.
Binance Margin traders will be pleased to know that there are more than 600 trading pairs available and strong liquidity. 10x leverage makes it easy to short any currency you believe is in a bear market if you have the necessary funds.
- Trading on the spot market and margin
- It is compatible with the majority of crypts.
- TA Indicators that are more advanced
- Trading costs that are the most affordable
- Withdrawal costs are charged.
- There is no regulation.
- There will be no social trading.
Kraken: Best User-Friendly Margin Trading Platform
When it comes to margin trading in the bitcoin market, Kraken is the finest option because of its user-friendly design and Live Chat support.
Kraken Margin trading is an excellent way to learn the ropes, but we must warn you that it is quite risky, and we do not recommend it for novice traders.
It is possible to obtain up to 5x leverage on the Kraken markets website by clicking on a button.
There are 19 different coins available for margin trading, all of which have modest trading expenses, averaging 0.16 percent for makers and 0.26 percent for takers for the 19 different coins available. These coins include Bitcoin (BTC), Ethereum (ETH), ADA (ADA), and XRP (XRP).
- Reasonably low non-instant purchase fees
- cutting-edge Trading platform
- A large number of products are available.
- Instant trade fees are kept to a minimum.
- Exorbitant costs for immediate purchases
- Poor selection of educational materials
- Fees for rapid purchases that are astronomically high
Etoro: Popular Margin Trading Platform Australia
One of the most recent additions is eToro, a cryptocurrency trading platform that offers more than a dozen cryptocurrencies available in the United States.
Copying trades made by other investors is possible by using a unique social trading feature that is embedded into the platform.
Furthermore, in contrast to most of its competitors, the eToro platform features a transparent price structure that traders and investors will like.
Continually read our eToro review to learn more about this website and see how it compares to other cryptocurrency exchanges.
- • Coins that are popular but are not traded on other major exchanges
- • Users can mimic the trading strategies used by other investors.
- • One of the easiest to use applications in the market.
- • Simple and straightforward pricing structure
- • Demonstration account
- • Some digital currencies charge exorbitant fees.
- • Only accessible in 43 states at this time.
Margex: Best Anonymous Margin Trading Platform Australia
Margex emphasis on security is one of the primary reasons they are recognized as the second-best margin trading crypto platform Australia.
The exchange’s digital assets are housed in cold storage, which is inaccessible to online hackers. Your funds are always secure, courtesy of bank-level security.
Margex takes anonymity further by allowing users to register and use their site without disclosing any personal information.
No (KYC) authentication is required, which is uncommon for a bitcoin exchange. Margex has also introduced a technology called MP Shield to prevent its users from price manipulation on their exchange.
- Growth can be achieved quickly through acquisitions.
- Companies can expand their reach into new areas through mergers and acquisitions (M&A).
- Companies might alter their business models thanks to mergers and acquisitions.
- M&A can be utilized to find and hire top-notch workers.
- Synergies can be created through M&A.
- Acquisitions can be carried out for the wrong motives with ease.
- When it comes to running a business, M&A deals can be a distraction.
Bybit: High Leverage Margin Trading Platform
Bybit is another top platform in the list of best margin trading crypto exchanges Australia with the biggest leverage, offering up to 100x leverage on various coins, which is significantly larger than the leverage offered by most other platforms.
The leverage available on FTX is only up to 20x, whereas other exchanges only give 5x. This is ideal for experienced margin traders who wish to maximize their profits on slight fluctuations in the market’s valuation.
Bybit has been around for a few years now, having been founded in 2018 and currently boasting a user base of more than 2 million users and a daily trade volume of more than $10 billion.
- The three most active markets for trading in derivatives
- USDT and crypto-currencies were used to settle contracts.
- It is not subject to any oversight.
- Reduced potential for price rigging and bankruptcy
- A lot of rewards
- Only a few trade pairings are available.
KuCoin: Best Platform For Free Trading Bot
With up to 10x leverage, KuCoin provides margin trading on coins such as Bitcoin, Ethereum, SOL, XRP, CRO, SAND, and MATIC and low trading costs of 0.1 percent.
KuCoin is a cryptocurrency exchange that accepts bitcoin, ether, and another cryptocurrency (KCS). Many other cryptocurrencies, such as Bitcoin and the virtual currency Ethereum, can be exchanged with leverage of up to 100 times the original amount.
Because KuCoin offers over 600 different cryptocurrencies to choose from, it’s easy to see why the cryptocurrency has more than 11 million users throughout the world. They’ve even included free trading bots that you may make use of.
- Margin trading can provide leverage of up to 10x.
- Up to 100x leverage is available on BTC and ETH, and 20x on other coins, for futures trading
- Support for almost 600 different cryptocurrency
- If you pay with KuCoin’s token, the charge is decreased to 0.1 percent (KCS)
- Automate your trading with the help of the exchange’s free trading bots.
- Very cheap fees for deposits, withdrawals, and trading.
- Anonymity in trading means no verification.
Bitfinex: Oldest Margin Trading Platform
Since its founding in 2012, Bitfinex has established itself as one of the most established cryptocurrency exchanges in the world.
The Bitfinex headquarters are managed by iFinex Inc., based in Hong Kong. Seven major cryptocurrencies, including Ethereum, Monero, and Zcash, are traded on the exchange, one of the most liquid in the world. Ethereum is the most actively traded cryptocurrency on the exchange.
As a trading platform, Bitfinex was plagued by price manipulation, security breaches, and even rumors of insolvency when it originally started in 2013. As a result, the company’s early years were far from straightforward.
However, due to its unique features and security measures, it has grown to become one of the most popular cryptocurrency exchanges in the world.
- Bitfinex has reduced trading fees compared to other exchanges.
- Order types, margin trading, and derivatives: High-level trading and investment methods are available.
- Beginners can utilize paper trading or a smartphone app:
- New cryptocurrency users can try out the platform risk-free using paper trading and a smartphone app.
- High Flow Rate
- The only way to contact our customer service team is by email.
- Deposits through debit/credit card or electronic wallet are not permitted.
Poloniex: Best Easy To Use Margin Trading Platform
Poloniex is a cryptocurrency trading and exchange platform that operates in the United States. It is now a part of or a subsidiary of its parent firm, M/s. Polo Digital Assets Limited, which is based in India.
In the island nation of the Republic of Seychelles, this parent company has its roots and was founded there in the first place.
Consequently, even Poloniex Exchange’s central location, i.e. headquarters, is implicitly located on the Republic of Seychelles island country.
The exchange is now regulated and governed by the Republic of Seychelles’ rules, regulations, and crypto or digital currencies laws.
- Comparatively speaking, Poloniex has the lowest trading fees of the main exchanges.
- Poloniex is an easy-to-use trading platform for beginners.
- Poloniex’s account and order book interface includes an easy-to-use trading view charting tool.
- Poloniex offers a wide variety of cryptocurrencies to choose from for its customers and traders.
- In addition to the web interface, Poloniex also has a mobile application.
- Fiat currencies are not supported in the trading process by the order book.
- Users and traders on the Poloniex Exchange can only employ many fiat deposit alternatives.
FTX Exchange: Best Low Fee Crypto Margin Trading Platform Australia
Online cryptocurrency exchange FTX allows traders to trade crypto derivatives. It was built to ease the trading of popular crypto derivatives like Bitcoin call options.
FTX accepts fiat payments and stable cryptocurrencies like Ethereum, Bitcoin, and Litecoin. Several prominent stable coins and cryptocurrencies are accepted.
FTX offers cryptocurrency trading services to help individuals and institutions diversify their crypto trading portfolios. The site offers numerous trading goods and options.
FTX services are also geared towards market professionals. Alternatively, the site caters to seasoned investors. Aside from the FTX platform, an OTC service is provided. This service allows users to buy large sums of cryptocurrency.
- For this platform, the KYC process is straightforward and helps to increase trading limits.
- When it comes to cryptocurrency trading platforms, FTX is a relative newcomer.
- FTX makes sure that the majority of its users have access to liquid funds.
- All of FTX’s tradable goods and services come with low costs.
- Using the Simplex gateway, users may buy cryptocurrency with their credit cards.
- Investments in FTX leveraged tokens carry a high degree of risk.
- Crypto derivatives trading is the focus of this platform.
How Much Do You Need To Margin Trade Crypto?
Now that we know the best margin trading crypto exchanges Australia, let’s see how much we need to margin trade cryptocurrencies
Individuals can borrow money to trade bitcoin “on margin” on an exchange. As a result, customers can borrow funds to increase their purchasing power (generally paying interest on the amount borrowed, but not always).
Imagine paying $25 and borrowing $75 to buy $100 worth of Bitcoin. The only condition is that you must refund $75 plus costs.
To ensure that they get their money back, an exchange will often “call-in” or liquidate your margin trade anytime the borrowed money begins to lose value.
Does Coinbase Pro offer leverage?
By November of the same year, Coinbase had removed a limited availability option with three-times leverage released in early 2020 and removed from the site.
Can I Leverage Trade On Coinbase Pro?
According to the company, customers of Coinbase Pro in 23 different US states will now be able to take advantage of up to 3x leverage on USD-quoted books.
You can magnify the impact of your deals when you trade cryptocurrencies on margin since you can borrow additional funds (also known as leverage).
Is Margin Trading The Same As Leverage Trading?
Instead of using collateral, margin trading borrows funds from a broker, which must be repaid-with interest. This is in contrast to leverage trading, which does not utilize collateral and does not require repayment at all.
Many people interested in investing in the stock market or the forex market see the potential for large rewards when they realize that they will need more money to get started than they have on hand to get started.
Is Margin Trading Legit In Australia?
For the time being, margin trading is permitted in Australia. Thousands of marketers and business owners are still working on this method to maintain their companies afloat in the competitive marketplace.
On the exchange, you may make margin trades in 19 different coins, including Bitcoin (BTC), Ethereum (ETH), ADA (Adamantium), and XRP, among others (XRP). Trading expenses are extremely low, with makers paying 0.16 percent and takers paying 0.26 percent.
How To Get Started With The Best Margin Trading Account In Australia?
eToro Account Setup
Step 1: Start by creating an eToro account. It only takes a few minutes to get started. Here, you can find out how.
Step 2: To ensure the safety of your account, you must first verify your identity. You may learn more about verification by visiting this page.
Step 3: Deposit your first money into your new account. Learn about the various methods you may fund your account here.
Step 4: Start your investment!
Best Margin Trading Crypto Exchanges Australia – Conclusion
Let us conclude this best margin trading crypto exchanges Australia guide by saying that, Margin trading is a method of borrowing money from a broker to make a purchase. Margin trading requires a “margin account,” The broker lends the trader money to buy assets, which the broker then uses as collateral for the loan.
Users who participate in excessive margin trading will be stopped from doing so by the ‘cooling-off period’.
Kraken is the best option for margin trading in the bitcoin market. They charge a cost of only 0.1 percent for each transaction, and if you pay using their token, you can reduce this price by as much as 25 percent (BNB).