There are various cards that are available today, that act like debit or credit cards for cryptocurrency. Blockcard by Unbanked is one of them. Once deposited in a bank, cash and crypto basically operate the same except for the fixed interest you receive in the bank account.
Crypto is all the trend these days but many people neglect it by saying that it is not actual currency as it is not tangible. For them, I would like to say that so is their cash when it is deposited in banks. Now you can feel the cryptocurrency you hold in the form of a card.
- 1 Blockcard- An Overview
- 2 What Is Blockcard?
- 3 Pros & Cons Of Blockcard
- 4 How To Apply For Blockcard
- 5 Is Blockcard Safe To Use?
- 6 Blockcard: Benefits
- 7 Blockcard: Fees
- 8 Blockcard: Features
- 9 How To Deposit/ Withdraw Using Blockcard?
- 10 Final Verdict On Blockcard
- 11 Frequently Asked Questions
Blockcard- An Overview
Another day, another win for the crypto world. One could say this is a revolutionary piece of technology but it is not much different than a regular credit or debit card.
Blockcard though is a newer concept in the sense that it deals in digital currency which not many other cards have done before. Of course, there were crypto trading apps from which you could buy, sell or trade crypto and liquidize your investment but the apps were not convincing enough for the anti-crypto community.
A physical card would change their mindset and most probably bring more players into the community.
What Is Blockcard?
Blockcard is a bitcoin debit card that was introduced in 2019 by Ternio, a blockchain startup with US headquarters.
Having been established in 2017, Ternio is well known for providing enterprise business clients with Lexicon, a massively scalable blockchain platform. It was developed by Ternio to make purchasing and using cryptocurrency simple.
The Blockcard Visa Card allows free deposits and withdrawals and is offered in both plastic and metal variants. Additionally, they don’t impose exchange costs. Blockcard is now only accessible within the United States. It will soon be accessible in 31 nations around Europe.
💡 Blockcard Note: Blockcard is a debit card founded by Ternio in 2019.
Pros & Cons Of Blockcard
Just like any other debit or credit card, Blockcard comes with its own advantages and disadvantages. Here listed are some of its Pros and Cons:
- There is a chance to earn cashback rewards of up to 6.38 percent.
- It is a Visa Card.
- As the card is used more frequently, rewards rise.
- By referring friends, you can receive a bonus TERN.
- To access the top tiers of cashback payouts, TERN must be staked.
- Rewards for cashback are given in TERN.
- Blockcard deposits are converted to TERN.
- If the card is not used for at least $750 in purchases each month, there is a fee.
How To Apply For Blockcard
Registration for Blockcard is as easy as registration for a debit card, literally. You can register and get your own card in just 4 simple steps. All you need to do is-
- Register. Make a Blockcard Account registration.
- Deposit. To fund your account, deposit cryptocurrency.
- Skip KYC. Start the credential check and succeed in it.
- Get the card. Instantly obtain a digital Blockcard and get the physical one in the mail after ten working days.
Is Blockcard Safe To Use?
Yes, there are risks involved with Blockcard as well, as it is linked to the crypto trade, and the amount in your account is volatile. Similar risks apply to the majority of cryptocurrency rewards debit cards.
Since you are exchanging your cryptocurrencies for TERN, if the value of the company’s token declines, you can lose the value of the TERN you have staked.
The business additionally demands that you stake, or lock up, your money for at least thirty days. If the price of TERN begins to decline during this period, you will not be able to exchange it for another cryptocurrency.
💡 Blockcard Note: The TERN token serves as the foundation for the Blockcard, a cryptocurrency debit card.
Despite the fact that this is a shorter period than the 180 days or more required by Crypto.com and other businesses, you might not profit from your incentives owing to exchange rates between TERN and USD.
Earnings in your Card Account will be FDIC-insured. Once we have validated your identification, the Blockcard’s user agreement explains. However, as TERN is different than USD, make sure to confirm with the company that this matches the worth of your TERN.
Okay why the Blockcard you might ask. Well, because there are various benefits that come along with the Blockcard. Some of them are the following:
- It is a Visa Card. The card is practical and versatile because it may be used anyplace that Visa is accepted internationally.
- Obtain crypto prizes. Depending on how much you bet in TERN, you can earn up to 6.38 percent in cryptocurrency rewards.
- Low stakes are necessary. The amount you stake determines the benefits, just like other cryptocurrency debit reward cards. However, Blockcard has a lower staking requirement. For instance, on Crypto.com, you must bet at least $40,000 to receive a 5% return. You receive 6 percent with BlockCard at 145,000 TERN, or roughly $1,160.
If a user does not meet the minimum spending criteria when using a Blockcard, they will be required to pay a monthly fee. Users won’t be charged a monthly fee if they use their Blockcard to make purchases totaling more than $750 at POS establishments. Less than $750 in purchases will result in a $5 monthly fee for cards.
Transactions made at a point of sale or card swipes are free. Regarding PIN transactions, the fees vary depending on whether they are domestic or international. The cost is $1.00 for local PIN transactions and $2.00 for international PIN transactions.
With regard to withdrawals, domestic ATM withdrawals are subject to a $3.00 fee, while overseas ATM withdrawals are subject to a $3.50 fee. Additionally, users will be charged for declined ATM cash withdrawals.
Customers will be charged $0.50 for local declines and $1.00 for overseas declines. The current fee for a domestic ATM account balance on Blockcard is $0.50. A cardholder will also be responsible for paying for just an ATM balance inquiry.
Since Blockcard does not impose any fees for account closure or balance refunds, users who want to close their accounts won’t be required to do so.
- Blockcard, unlike many other cryptocurrency debit cards, provides a crypto cash back program that offers rewards of up to 6 percent.
- You may use your blockcard anywhere that accepts Visa cards, making it a simple method to convert cryptocurrency into cash.
- Additionally, Blockcard has a compelling referral program. Both you and your friend will get USD 10.00 if you refer a friend to apply for the card.
- The card is accepted wherever that takes a VISA for payments.
- This card ability to be used in any place that accepts ApplePay, Google Pay, or Samsung Pay. Another distinguishing feature is, making it available as both physical and digital cards.
How To Deposit/ Withdraw Using Blockcard?
There are a few ways to deposit money into or withdraw it from your account with Unbanked. To ensure the prompt transmission of your payments and prevent any surprises, we advise verifying these details with the business.
Your cryptocurrency is transferred. Transfer money to your Blockcard account address from your personal wallet or exchange.
Visit a shopping mall. Visit a store that accepts BlockCard, such as Walmart or 7-Eleven.
Final Verdict On Blockcard
To summarise, Blockcard is legit and safe to use. Yes, you have some risks involved as it is linked with cryptocurrency but then again, everything that’s related to crypto involved risks.
Think of it as shares, the value of shared go up and down and so does the value of Crypto. I think that Blockcard is a pretty neat and convenient way of managing crypto and earning great rewards, given that you have knowledge about Crypto.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, it is Safe and Reliable. But the risks involved in crypto trading stay the same.
You get a digital card instantly upon registration and then within 10 days of registration, you will receive a physical card in the mail.
Yes, there is a minimum deposit limit of $10. The limit is on par with other crypto trading apps.
Yes, you can use more than 10 cryptocurrencies including Ethereum, Stellar, and USD Coin to fund your account.
Yes, a $500 limit is there on POS purchases or ATM withdrawals.